Vehicle maintenance is an essential part of owning a vehicle. It’s also a necessary evil. If you’re lucky enough to own a car, then you’ve probably heard the term “car maintenance” thrown around quite often.
But what exactly does it mean? And how do you know if you should be doing it yourself or hiring a professional mechanic?
In this article, we’ll explain what car maintenance is and what you should expect from professional auto care services.
What Is Car Maintenance?
Car maintenance refers to all aspects of keeping your vehicle in good working order. This includes things like oil changes, tire rotations, brake repairs, fluid flushes, engine tune-ups, transmission service, etc.
It can even include minor bodywork such as replacing windshield wipers, changing air filters, cleaning headlights, checking battery voltage, adjusting suspension components, etc.
The goal of any kind of car maintenance is simple: keep everything running smoothly so that you don’t have to spend time on these tasks when they need to be done.
How Do You Know When To Hire A Professional Mechanic?
There are many reasons why you might want to perform some of these tasks yourself instead of having them performed by professionals. For example, you may not trust mechanics at local shops because you think their prices are too high. Or maybe you just prefer to save money whenever possible.
However, there are several situations where performing certain types of car maintenance will actually cost more than paying someone else to do it for you. These include:
• Replacing worn out parts with new ones
• Installing aftermarket accessories
• Performing major mechanical repair jobs
If you find yourself in one of those scenarios, then it makes sense to hire a professional mechanic. They can provide better quality products and services at lower costs. Plus, they won’t charge you extra fees for labor charges.
So before you decide whether or not to perform specific kinds of car maintenance yourself, make sure you understand which ones really require expert help. Otherwise, you could end up spending way more money than you intended!
Types Of Auto Care Services That Are Best Left Unto Professionals
Here are three examples of common car maintenance tasks that are best left to experts:
1) Engine Tune-Ups – Most people who drive cars regularly tend to forget about regular engine tune-ups. But engines run 24/7 without fail, so it only takes a few minutes every month or two to ensure that your engine runs efficiently.
2) Transmission Flushings – Transmissions aren’t cheap, but they last forever if properly maintained. However, most transmissions contain fluids that eventually become contaminated over time. So it pays off to flush your transmission once per year.
3) Brake Repair & Replacement Parts – The brakes on your vehicle are extremely important safety features. Unfortunately, they wear down over time due to normal use. In addition, they must be replaced periodically depending on usage patterns.
These are just a few examples of routine automotive maintenance tasks that are best handled by trained technicians rather than DIY enthusiasts.
What Should I Expect From Car Mechanics?
When you bring your vehicle into a shop for car maintenance, here are four key areas that you should look for during your visit:
1) Quality Products – Make sure that the technician uses top brand-name oils, lubricants, and other chemicals. Also, check to see if he has access to genuine OEM replacement parts.
2) Knowledgeable Technicians – Ask questions regarding the type of job being performed. Is it something simple like changing oil filters or something complex such as replacing brake pads? Find out everything you need to know beforehand.
3) Reliable Service – Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise; you deserve reliable service when bringing your vehicle in for repairs. After all, you paid good money for it.
4) On-Time Performance – Be patient while waiting for your vehicle to get fixed. You don’t want to have to wait too long because you might miss work deadlines.
Your car needs repairs, but you don’t know where to start. When you bring your vehicle to Davies Auto Care, we’ll perform a complete inspection of your car, including a visual check of the exterior and interior, and a detailed test drive. Then we’ll provide you with a written estimate detailing what we found and how we plan to fix it. At Davies Auto Care, we believe that every vehicle deserves the best care possible. That’s why we offer a comprehensive auto maintenance program that includes oil changes, tire rotations, brake inspections, fluid flushes, and more. Call us today to book an appointment!